Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2022


 

as the sea rises
this crazy drug I'm on
destruction coursing through my veins
obstruction on every bleak horizon
nothing makes me whole it seems
every hour a virulent wind blows
dour life has its show stopping surprises
like this high speed train I'm on
rushed questions track up my arms
those flushed wounds might explain
how a thousand rampaging elephants
trample through each refrain with bellowing alarms
when relevant lightning walks into my jello room
stellar bolts perform their tantric light show
as I watch my manic eyes catch fire
everything I knew and know burned to ash
as the turbulent sea churned and rose
all my sallow tongue could speak was gloom
sometimes insanity blinds me you know
all these potent drugs often make me cry
life is just a terrible car crash
no matter how far I journey
no matter how hard I try
still the ocean swells and rises
if I don't drown I'll think it a miracle
knowing my potions and dreams are heretical
I see hungry sharks parading
masquerading around my pathetic room
if only sympathetic lightning would come again
strike me dumb and make me blind
if only the world would stop churning
each hurricane might decide
to be more mellow and definitively kind
but these crazy drugs are yearning to control me
I'm well acquainted with those demons that haunt me
if only there were angels that would want me
but the angry ocean still rises
cyclones continue to wail and blow
these cruel drugs the underworld has prescribed
makes me taunt my fellow sharks
cruising around my wondrous life
but it's lightning I truly crave
electrify me in each daunting scene
with each cresting tsunami wave
crashing me into another restless dream
I feel crushed by each swell and tidal rush
I'm bolted to this bestial wave it seems
bold at times when I feel brave
folded gravely inward with each heartbeat
fluidly cold when I'm feeling lost at sea
I'm floating trying to just stay alive
mesmerized by these bloated dreams I have
I wonder if this myriad of drugs is simply contrived
or has wicked doom indeed arrived
still the conflicted sea rises
while the omniscient ocean churns
profound drugs continue to conspire
all the while this cruel world turns
sequestered in my swirling room
I vie to reprimand my whirling mind
hoping to find some restful island and retire
when I wake I see my bleeding heart
conscious of some salvatory hallucination
pondering this drug induced saltatory creation
wondering why salutary love expired

                          * * *

No comments: