Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2022

 


what happens
when emotions
drown us
just won't
let us be
every breath
lost love
cheating us
just won't
let us stay
that day
down by
the sea
I poured
love's cold ashes
over my
outstretched hand
unchallenged
those mixed up
abrasive ashes
washed boldly
into the weeping sea
untold I complied
but just can't see
clearly anymore
every wave
washes over me
I just can't think
clearly now
every ocean current
takes hold of me
carries my soul
in different directions
burying my heart
in uncertain depths
of deceptive inception
if lord Neptune
would simply speak
tell me to sink
or swim for shore
I think I'd still drown
knowing love a shade more
you are no longer here
no goodnight kiss
or sweet dreams
snuggling with me
anymore

            * * *

No comments: