Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2022


 

I woke up
in this dream
saw light streaming
lying still for a while
encompassed in this theme
veiled by complete darkness
in my common mind
I curiously envision
everything as distraction
this abstract life
stylized material attraction
rising poster thoughts
emerging from my factual bed
I stepped outside
into an actual snowy world
I tactfully stood there
reacting to the marvelous
a talkative gray jay
reciting flighty prose and flowing poetry
speculatively came soaring by
knowingly I stood there listening
distracted by that soft bird cry
soon enough another extolling jay
shafts of light from a brilliant sun
glistening tight knit feathers
followers in an aerie group
more flapping wings
choruses of black capped chickadees
each flighty group conversing
speaking an existing tongue
exultant in their occasional multitudes
expectations in their declining throngs
what a multitude of mercy
when continental nature comes
exhibiting such a compliment
summarily teaching us
repeating spirit songs
underlining all our marvelous rights
undermining our disastrous wrongs

                      * * *

No comments: