Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2022


 

that dream
you know the one
it's where everything
seemed possible
impossibly real
possibly insane
improbable
perhaps inane
we fell
clasped together
tethered
imagine that
entangled love
we swooned
love viewed us
so completely tangled
amongst love's elite
vast spacious love
what we done
eat
breathe
dream love
above us
open sky
below us
earthy love
all around us
fantastic sun
illuminating our arrested souls
kissing our elastic lips
looking deep
into your searching eyes
I want to capture that spirit
gently hold it in my hand
as if it were my own
that love we shared
sprouting
growing
blooming
more vining
shouting magnificence
more twining
such a perfectly mown lawn
this splendour we both feel
maybe heaven does exist
this splendid feeling
God has shown us
must be something
gloriously surreal
everything we feel
beyond the normal world
every informal night
when I hold you
in my folding arms
watch each sunrise
love's glorious day
then every sunset
passionately satisfied
love wants to share
perform all that splendour
speak poetry
smoking cigarettes after sex
inspecting the ceiling
drafting cobwebs
silently in your mind
dissect the existing world
as we knew it
how many times
this piquant dream
it seems senseless
beautifully endless
give me dreams
before I die
I want to live
explore love's finest streams
let love have the sea
let the gods and goddesses
own the laudable sky
let erupting volcanoes
rule the earth
but Dearest God
for all that love is worth
true passion it seems
let me live with love
together in this dream
when I wake
all I see are shadows
remnants of what
forever love
riveted to our hearts
if love cared
we dared didn't we
that love we shared
perhaps insistent shadows
won't last forever
someday I'll wake
to find my lover
right here
my selfish sake
let love be clear
I can't take
heartache anymore
every night
I'm all alone
shutter all the windows
latch fast the doors
past all I seek
I'm a lifer
in that lingering dream
where love once so freely lived
my reeling human soul
picked itself up off the floor
while love's gift
dances with us
embraces
love kissing us
we close our eyes
love undresses us
impresses us
so much amore
persistent trusting love
prunes each rose disguise
adding so much more
revealing truth and honesty
everything sweet love adores

                  * * *

No comments: