Translate

JoeC's original poetry and photos about life and all things under the sun.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2022



 

it's complicated
this relationship
those love affairs
my spine tingles
thinking about
those feelings
such deliciousness
delectable steel
some select nights
after making love
I found myself
walking on the ceiling
it's sophisticated
crawling
beyond rationality
love speeds you away
to some magic place
where it seems
fairy tales
actually do come true
those kisses
making us shake
tremble and swoon
then I equivocally recall
those exquisite moments
when love made us crazy
twisting us emotionally
you imprisoned we
I tripped then surrendered
love chained me
caused my heart to bleed
I fell hard for you
you were everything
I needed all you could give
your needy kisses
melted me inside
your gentle touch
cemented me to you
love tore at my soul
love burnt me up inside
together we washed away
carried far out to sea
just you and me
floating
it seemed
we still carried
love's torch
kept it burning
we were one
yearning for true love
clasped together
leaning into deep love
wrapped around
each other
clasping hands
grasped until our folded fingers
went stiff and numb
so it's complicated
just like love stipulated
such sweet summer sunshine
blue skies and beating hearts
then those furious storms
blowing us apart
torrential rain
sweeping us away
drowning us
today I looked back
feeling phased
dreaded love realizing
it was complicated
hazy dreams can be difficult
even clearly sophisticated love
blooms into tragedy
folded lovers
often run over
those force five storms
completely shattering us
flencing us to the bone
when consciousness
lifted us somehow
from a watery grave
God's gift of breath
allowed us life and living
beating hearts a given
but it's complicated
I can't help but wonder
shift what
drift where
and who
am I
did love
or was it
just some dream
that blue sky
majestically above
I'm gathering it up
saving light memories
stuffing illuminating rays
deep in my pockets
sweet summer sunshine
that marvelous love we married
both yours and mine
because in love we cared
under that blissful star shine
that endless joy
we desired and shared

                * * *

No comments: